Avène Cicalfate Post-Procedure Skin Repair Emulsion…
Avène Cicalfate Post-Procedure is a repairing emulsion for damaged skin after dermatological procedures. It is specifically created to calm the feeling of irritation, redness, and overheating of the skin. It is commonly advised by dermatologists to soothe the skin after superficial procedures such as laser, peeling, microdermabrasion, and micro-needling, among others.
Avène Cicalfate Post-Procedure is indicated to provide comfort and softness to irritated and damaged skin by dermatological procedures.
Developed in a lightweight texture, non-greasy, non-sticky, and easy to apply, it has 4 active ingredients that act in synergy to replenish and soothe the skin:
- Sucralfate is responsible for the repair of the skin surface;
- Copper Sulfate and Zinc Sulfate are a purifying combination, which reduces the risk of bacterial proliferation (very common after more aggressive procedures);
- Avène Thermal Spring Water is rich in minerals and trace elements, which soothe and calm irritated and overheated skin.
With a texture designed for peeling skins, sensitized to the touch, and overheated, it allows an easy application. Leaves no white mask effect on the face! It becomes transparent after application.
- Non-ablative lasers
- Very superficial peels
- Vascular lasers
- Surgical procedures
Avène tested the effectiveness of Cicalfate Post-Procedure through a single-center study conducted with 51 people. Of which 25 were under laser treatment, and 26 were under chemical peeling. Cicalfate was applied twice a day (morning and evening) for 7 consecutive days. It was possible to verify the following results:
- decrease in the sensation of warming of the skin after application;
- a significant reduction in the burning sensation of D2, showing a high skin tolerance.
Avène Cicalfate Post-Procedure is indicated to soothe, repair, and give comfort to skin sensitized by dermo-aesthetic procedures. It is commonly recommended by dermatologists as a reparative treatment after procedures such as laser, chemical peeling, microdermabrasion, and micro-needling. Due to its fluid texture and easy to apply, it provides comfort and significantly reduces the feeling of warmth. No oily texture or sticky touch. Doesn’t leave a white mask effect.
- Skins sensitized by treatments such as laser, chemical peeling, microdermabrasion, and micro-needling.
- Skin with skin discomfort, warm to the touch, and peeling due to aesthetic procedures.
- Provides an immediate cooling sensation
- 6 hours of continuous hydration
- Hypoallergenic, Fragrance-Free, Paraben-Free, Soap-Free, Oil-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
How to use Avène Cicalfate Post-Procedure Skin Repair Emulsion?
Start by cleaning your face with mild cleansing milk and tonic lotion, suitable for your skin type and the procedure performed. Then apply a thin layer of Avène Cicalfate Post-Procedure. Start in the center of the face towards the ends with smoothing movements. Avoid circular movements that cause skin overheating and fiction. Reapply a new layer if necessary. Throughout the day, vaporize your face with the Avène Thermal Spring Water for immediate comfort and relief. Continue application until the skin has completely recovered.
An expert advice
For a stronger softening effect, make a compress with Avène Thermal Spring Water:
- Fold three unscented tissues in half.
- Soak them in Avène Thermal Spring Water.
- Place a scarf vertically on each side of the face and the third on the neck.
- Spray again.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times during the 10-minute application period.
I used the Cicalfate emulsion for 2 weeks after my peel. What can I apply now?
We advise you to continue using the Cicalfate Post-Dermatological Repair Emulsion until you no longer feel any discomfort or redness. Then go back to your usual skincare routine.
Discover more Avène products here.
There are no reviews yet.